"You don't make a photograph just with a camera. You bring to the act of photography all the pictures you have seen, the books you have read, the music you have heard, the people you have loved." -Ansel Adams
Hi there, I'm Tricia, a wife and mom to three kids. I'm an on location natural light photographer specializing in children and families. While I've always maintained some form of a creative outlet, I became interested in photography after my first daughter was born in 2008. I longed to take better photos of her knowing those baby days and moments were ever so fleeting. The last few years I dove head first into the world of photography spending much of my free time studying, learning, and working hard to hone the craft. Somewhere along the way this little hobby of mine turned into a true passion!
I would love to bring that passion to you and your family turning your precious moments into cherished memories through photographs! While I love creating a good posed photo I also adore lifestyle photography and my sessions reflect both of these genres. Please contact me for session dates and availability. I look forward to working with you!
Fun Facts About Your Photographer
1. I've kept a journal since I was in 2nd grade.
2. Sushi and Swedish Fish will always make me happy but I'm not really a fan of chocolate.
3. I play the clarinet, saxophone, and guitar.
4. I don't think books can get much better than The Giving Tree and To Kill A Mockingbird!
5. When I was 12 years old I wrote a letter to Michael J Fox and he sent me his autographed picture. It was the highlight of my preteen years.
6. Math and I have never really been friends.
7. I was born in a small town. (Ok, technically I was born in Evanston but grew up in a small town.)
8. I have a twin sister but we don't look alike.
9. I spent a week building a house in Guatemala for Habit For Humanity. It was a humbling experience to say the least.
10. One of my all time favorite movies is The Way We Were.
11. I'm not ashamed to admit that I love John Denver and the ballads of Barry Manilow.
12. I love flip flops!
13. I'm not superstitious. ;)
© Trish Montesano Photography